Top Universities in Canada for MS in computer science
Are you planning to pursue a degree of MS in computer science in Canada? But unable to figure out which university to choose! So, chill now! We got your answer. Here in this article, we are going to tell you all that you need to know about the top universities in Canada for MS in computer science.
Canada is one of those countries in the world that has the highest ratio of international students and especially of those who are looking for a handsome degree in computer science. Universities in Canada are known for technological advancements and innovative learning methods, specifically in the fields of information technology and computer science. That is the reason why a large number of universities are offering successful degrees of MS in computer science in Canada.
Let’s get to know about the best universities in Canada for MS in computer science:
University of Toronto
At the top of the list of Universities in Canada for MS in computer science is the University of Toronto. It is a public university in Ontario, Canada. In 1827, it was found by a royal charter as Kings College, which was the first higher education institute in Upper Canada. The University of Toronto is offering 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs. The courses cover a large variety from medicine, art, and architecture to information technology.
According to the QS World university rankings in computer science, the University of Toronto is ranked 1st in Maclean’s top 10 rankings of 2020 for MS in computer science in Canada.
MS in computer science:
The University of Toronto offers a full-time degree in MS computer science with a course duration of 2 years. A wide range of courses for the students of MS in computer science in Canada are offered at Toronto University:
- Software engineering
- Operation system
- Data structuring
- Programming and computing
- Algorithmic analysis
- Cryptography and many more
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.0/10 or 70% in the bachelor’s degree is required.
- Applicant must be qualified in TOFEL or IELTS for admission in the desired program.
|Degree Type||Full Time|
|Duration||2 Years (4 Sessions)|
|Fee Structure||$21544 for 2 Years|
University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is a public research university. The main campus is in Waterloo, Ontario, spread on 998 acres of land adjust to “Uptown” Waterloo and Waterloo Park. The university has the world’s largest post-secondary cooperative education system. It was found in 1956 as Waterloo College, and currently, it’s offering hundreds of academic programs. The most desired fields are mathematics, engineering, business, English, health science, and computer science. And is considered one of the top universities in Canada for MS in computer science.
The university is ranked on the 20th rank according to the QS World University ranking in computer science 2020 for MS in computer science in Canada.
Waterloo University is offering a four-year degree program in computer science. The degree allows you to develop a solid understanding of computer management in a wide area of the course.
- Study of algorithm and software
- Programming and limits of computation
- Managing large scale programs
- Understanding power, limitations, and organizing of computer hardware and software.
|Application Fee||INR 7,200|
|Tuition Fee||INR 24,82,800|
Also, Read – Timeline for May Intake for Canada
Memorial University of Newfoundland
MUN, generally known as the Memorial University of Newfoundland is authorizing an MS in computer science in Canada. The university offers several certificates, diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate degrees, and also many online courses. It was established in 1925 as a living testimonial in honor to the Newfoundlanders and Labradors who were killed during First World War. This University is one of the largest universities in Atlantic Canada and is another addition to the list of top universities in Canada for MS in computer science.
The university holds a huge faculty and departments of medicine, pharmacy, education, human kinetics, and music and information technology.
MS in computer science
- The eligibility criteria for admission in universities in Canada for MS in computer science is quite high as the applicant is required to have a minimum of 75% in the bachelor’s degree, with major subjects in computer science, computer engineering, or information technology.
- The memorial university offers MS in computer science with two options:
- The first is the thesis route. Candidates are required to complete a minimum of 15 credit hours for each course. The regular students must complete their thesis with the course, and the part-time students can submit the thesis by the end of last semester.
- The second option is the work-term route. Students have to complete 24 hours of graduate program courses with at least 18 hours in computer science and complete all the tasks of the required course. The dates of starting and finishing the tasks are displayed on their university diary. Students are must maintain 65% marks to continue the course.
|Degree Type||Full Time|
|Fee Structure||$635-$935 per semester|
Tuition Fee details:
- NL students: $635-$935 per semester
- Other Canadian students: $826-$1,239 per semester
- International students: $1,074-$1,611 per semester
The university was found in 1974. Concordia University is one of the three universities in Quebec, Canada, where English is the primary language. The university has two main campuses. In the academic years 2019-20, an average of 46,077 students were enrolled in the credit hour course of Concordia.
This university is ranked as 34th in the regional universities vest category by a survey of US news, 2020. Let’s check out the details of the MS in computer science in Canada at Concordia University.
- The degree of master’s in computer science at Concordia University focuses on enhancing the professional knowledge of students about both the theoretical and the practical knowledge of computing.
- Students must have an undergraduate degree in computer science and proficiency in the English language.
- The course is required to cover a minimum of 45 credit hours.
|Application Fee||INR 600|
|Tuition Fee||INR 9,92,200|
University of Windsor
This university is also ranked best for its curriculum record. Windsor University is also offering MS in computer science degree in Canada. The students will be able to pursue a doctoral program after this degree. Students can also opt for workplace opportunities.
|Fee Structure||$37,632 for 2 Years|
Some other universities in Canada for MS in computer science are following:
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- McGill University
- University of Ottawa
- McMaster University
These were some of the top universities that are offering courses for MS in computer science in Canada. The above content will help you in choosing the best for you as everything that you may need to know about these top universities is provided here.